The mission of the Pro-Life Ministry is to promote the pro-life ethic that we may honor and preserve life from the moment of conception until natural death.
The members are active in educating the public about prenatal development and end of life issues, science and medical information, and the truth about the deception and violence of abortion and euthanasia. We publicize information about bioethics and resources, and various resources available to those who have unplanned pregnancies, or those who have had an abortion and are suffering the long-term emotional and psychological damage as a result.
This ministry participates in many pro-life events, including the March for Life in Washington, Prayer Chains for Life, a Pro-Life booth at the Jefferson County Fair, and the International Dinner Fundraiser. We welcome students to participate in various programs and volunteer activities. The Pro-Life ministry also cooperates with Birthright and Gabriel Project.
If you are interested in participating in this ministry, please contact Deacon James Munuhe at [email protected] or Regina Smith at [email protected]. Monthly meetings are on 4th Tuesdays at 5:30pm at King’s New York Pizza in Kearneysville (near the DMV).
- Are you pregnant and need help? Contact [email protected] or call (304) 725-5558.
- Are you post-abortive and seeking healing? Visit hopeafterabortion.com or call 888-456-HOPE (4673)
- Are you a student wanting to get involved? Contact Lori Cascio [email protected] or visit studentsforlife.org
- To learn more about end of life issues visit the US Bishops website
- For information on bioethics, life apologetics or consultation visit the National Catholic Bioethics Center